Spots available: 6
Description: Interns will gain hands-on experience with small mammals and birds. Our interns work directly with opossums, eastern grey squirrels, fox squirrels, and a large variety of songbirds. This position involves working with many volunteers on a daily basis. Candidates for this position should be friendly, reliable, flexible, motivated, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Diet preparation and feeding for small mammals and birds
- Responsible for setting up caging, preparing diets, and providing basic husbandry for mammals and avian species in the Animal Care Program
- Husbandry tasks include cleaning, feeding, providing enrichment, administering medication, etc.
- Working closely with critical and compromised animals and providing limited medical care to them
- Working together with staff and volunteers to complete daily tasks
- Communicate closely with the Manager, Assistant Managers, and Shift Supervisors
- Willingness to learn and execute appropriate handling skills
- Applicants must attend a Wise Owl Training session and be proficient in Wise Owl Training
- Applicants should be pursuing a degree in Biology, Zoology, Animal Science, or a closely related field