Congratulations to our Chili Winners!
Congratulations to our Raffle and Door Prize Winners!
Stacy Vickers, Alice Pillsbury, Karen Hellstern, Julie Rubenstahl, Kelly Vasquez, Kate Brusegaard, Gary Poon, Roslyn Even, Marilyn Culpepper, Polly Goodner, Katherine Summerlin, Cindy Hall, Pam Allen, Karen Jones, Sheryl Norman, Lee Ann Lawrence, Victoria Hepburn, Belinda Fernandez, Cristobal Henao, and Kristi Theis!
(Additional glasses may be purchased separately. Choose between a Chili Cook-Off souvenir wine glass or a TWRC coffee mug)
*Products can be shipped directly to your home for an additional $5
Raffle Tickets $5
Popular raffle items include:
Wine Time Basket
Kendra Scott Jewelry Set
Free Car Care for One Year
"Shop 'til You Drop" Package
Private Wine Tasting Class
Penguin Encounter at Moody Gardens
... and more!
- Prizes will be given to first, second, and third place chili's as determined by official judges
- Competition Chili will be blind judged on the following five criteria: AROMA, CONSISTENCY, COLOR, TASTE, AFTERTASTE
- All Chili must be prepared and cooked off site.
- Participants will be asked to drop off no less than 24 ounces or 3 cups, of their chili to be sampled by the judges.
- All chilies must be submitted the day of the event, March 27th, between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM
- All chilies must be submitted in a microwaveable food-safe container with an airtight lid.
- All Chili ingredients must be printed and turned in with your chili entry.
- Participants must prepare all foods in accordance with health and safety standards and must cook all items to proper temperatures.
- All food - whether stored, resting or cooking - must always be maintained at food-safe temperatures. Food handling, preparation and serving must comply with all local and state guidelines, policies, and rules.
TWRC Wildlife Center asks that the contestant be willing to release their chili recipe for a digital chili cook-off cookbook, which will be released after the contest. If the contestant does not wish to include their competition chili recipe, TWRC asks that they submit a recipe for another dish to be included in the cookbook to be part of the fundraising activities.
By filling out the registration form, the participant gives consent that the ORGANIZER, TWRC Wildlife Center, can process the data provided within the framework of the event and allow photographs to be made during the event. This includes all handling needed for the applicant’s participation at the event, advertising, promotion and for publishing event photographs in print and electronic media.
All entry fees are non-refundable. In the event the Chili Cook Off is cancelled, TWRC will not refund entry fees. Your entry fee will be considered a charitable donation.
Please join us in making our Virtual Chili Cook-Off a success. As we continue to care for the thousands of orphaned and injured wildlife every year, please know that your sponsorship is greatly appreciated!
For more information or to discuss sponsorship opportunities, please contact Samantha Norris @ [email protected].