The Virtual Chili Cook Off Details
TWRC Chili Cook Off Registration
- Prizes will be given to first, second, third and people’s choice as determined by official judges
- All Chili must be prepared and cooked off site.
- Participants will be asked to drop off no less than 24 ounces or 3 cups, of their chili to be sampled by the judges.
- All chili's must be submitted the day of the event, August 22nd between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM
- All chili's must be submitted in a microwaveable food safe container with an airtight lid.
- Participants must include any re-heating or garnish directions and garnishes must be provided if necessary.
- Participants must prepare all foods in accordance with health and safety standards and must cook all items to proper temperatures.
- All food - whether stored, resting or cooking - must always be maintained at food-safe temperatures. And all food handling, preparation and serving must comply with all local and state guidelines, policies, and rules.
- All Chili ingredients must be printed and turned in with your chili entry.
Competition Chili will be blind judged on the following five criteria:
All entry fees are non-refundable. In the event the Chili Cook Off is cancelled, TWRC will not refund entry fees. Your entry fee will be considered a charitable donation.
As the event is a fundraiser TWRC asks if the contestant would be willing to release their recipe for a virtual cookbook to be releases after the contest. If the contestant does not wish to include the recipe TWRC ask that they submit a recipe for another dish to be included in the cookbook to be part of the fundraising activities.
By filling out the registration form, the participant gives consent that the ORGANIZER, TWRC Wildlife Center, can process the data provided within the framework of the event and allow photographs to be made during the event. This includes all handling needed for the applicant’s participation at the event, advertising, promotion and for publishing event photographs in print and electronic media.