Are you a team player? Do you understand and support TWRC's mission? Can you attend monthly meetings, analyze budgets, and participate in fundraising efforts?
We'd like you to join our Board of Directors!
There are currently 6 active Board members and we'd like to have at least 2 more. We are soliciting for members of the Board, who share a dedication to our mission.
The expectations of all Board members are listed here.
- Understand the mission and be able to see the big picture to set policy and strategy accordingly
- Set the goals of the organization
- Be a team player and able to work well with others
- Understand and monitor monthly financial reports
- Approve annual budget
- Monitor Executive Director monthly operational reports and set direction when appropriate
- Review and approve Board documents (minutes, bylaws)
- Approve the annual plan for the Center
- Oversee and participate in fundraising, grant and other committees as needed
- Attend Center fundraising efforts
- Attend monthly Board meetings and respond to Board emails in a timely fashion
- Attend emergency board meetings (i.e. response to COVID, response to staffing needs)
- Support the organization financially ($200 annual pledge)
If these expectations represent a position you would like to fill for TWRC, please email Samantha Norris at [email protected] with a description of your background, leadership experience and a brief description of why you will be a good fit for the Board.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have a network of potential donors or who have fundraising and grant writing experience.