Are you interested in becoming a home-based rehabilitator? TWRC can get you started!
TWRC is holding free Home-Based Rehabilitation 101 informational sessions that will help you decide whether rehabbing is right for you and which species will fit in to your lifestyle. You will learn about:
- The process of becoming a rehabber with TWRC
- Benefits of rehabbing with TWRC
- The permitting process and some of the laws associated with rehabbing
- The mentor/sub-permittee relationship
- TWRC animal admission process & record keeping
- Supplies needed
- Outdoor caging
- Overview of each species including basic facts, costs associated with rehabbing and time commitment required
Please note: This informational session will not cover information such as diet and care instructions for rehabbing animals at home. That information will be learned when earning the required volunteer hours and will also be provided by your mentor.
Attendance is not required to become a rehabber with TWRC, but is a great way to learn about these species and whether rehabbing them will work for your lifestyle. To learn more about becoming a rehabber with TWRC, visit our rehabilitation page. You must be at least 21 years of age to rehab at home.
To RSVP or if you have questions, please contact the Rehab Coordinator at [email protected]