Looking for something for the youngsters to do this summer that won’t require a long-term commitment or a lot of money?
Get WILD this summer at TWRC Wildlife Center!
TWRC has an exciting new line-up of Educational Workshops geared for children ages 6 through 9. These fun-packed, 2-hour workshops are designed to connect children with wildlife and nature.
Children are naturally inquisitive and have a quest to understand the world around them. With our workshops they will learn about an animal they might see in their own backyard. What they’ll learn will guide them further on their journey to becoming good stewards of nature and appreciating our precious wildlife.
Our first series of 4 workshops will begin June 3rd and is our Animal Series. You can enroll your child in one workshop or go ahead and register them for all four. You choose.
- “Tell Me About Squirrels”
- “Tell Me About Owls”
- “Tell Me About Songbirds”
- “Tell Me About Rabbits”
Each workshop will incorporate these activities:
- A PowerPoint presentation loaded with lots of photos and easy to understand facts
- A craft to reinforce their new knowledge of that animal’s behavior
- The opportunity to have your child’s photo taken following the workshop with one of our Animal Ambassadors
Cost: $20 per session
Classroom capacity: 15