Job Title: Admissions Specialist
Since 1979, TWRC Wildlife Center has been committed to providing quality emergency care and rehabilitation for injured, ill, and orphaned wildlife, with the goal of releasing our patients back into the wild. The Admissions Specialist is responsible for intaking animals for our Wildlife Hospital, which takes in wildlife brought to us by the general public, and answering incoming phone calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Admit patients, injured or orphaned wildlife, that are brought into the Center following strict protocols.
- Answer hotline calls to determine if an animal needs to be brought in, left alone, or referred to another provider.
- Utilize Rescuer Appointment Sheet and other admissions documents
- Utilize admissions GroupMe chats and for staff communication
- Keep the center clean and organized (utilizing volunteer/intern help)
- Recording call data
- Maintain an appropriate environment and enforce protocols with others (quiet, low stress for patients)
- Effectively communicate with TWRC staff members, interns, and volunteers
- Maintain a safe and professional working environment
- Other duties as assigned by Admissions Manager
- College Diploma (required)
- Previous experience working in an office setting (experience working in a non-profit organization preferred)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Spanish speaking A+
- Must possess a positive and inviting demeanor that makes rescuers feel welcome and appreciated
- Ability to work productively in a fast paced & high-volume environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain a calm, respectful, and professional (yet assertive) demeanor when dealing with difficult situations involving the public
- Must be well-organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Must possess problem-solving skills and take initiative when issues arise
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, lift up to 30lbs, climb a step ladder, and read small text. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties
- Must be proficient in basic computer applications, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Publisher)
- Required - must be available to work 40 hours per week.
- Possible schedules include: (including holidays)
- 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Wednesday – Sunday
- 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Tuesday - Saturday
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Friday - Tuesday
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Must attend any scheduled meetings
Changing Office Locations:
The TWRC Wildlife Center will be changing locations to a new and improved building in the summer of 2023. The new location will be 3100 W. Fuqua Street, Houston, TX 77045. All employees must be willing to work at the current location and switch to the new location after the move.
Send additional documents including resumes and cover letters to [email protected]